Puppet Configuration Management
Use Puppet to automate all your work!
Puppet is a toolbox available to IT professionals to automate work you would usually manually do on servers. From deployment of applications to managing security and access, Puppet can help you with it all. The ultimate goal of tools like Puppet is to never have to SSH into a machine again to fix problems or set up new systems.
In this course, you will be introduced to Puppet development and learn how to set up your own private development environment, so that you can develop your code without fear of hurting live environments. From there on out we get familiar with the Puppet DSL and then deploy our code to a puppet server and puppet node like you would in a production environment.
After completing this class you should have all the handles you need to start utilizing puppet and know how to further progress and become a true Puppeteer!
This is a practical course with a step by step approach to help you get started with Puppet.
- Set up a Development Environment for Puppet
- Learn to create and apply your first Puppet manifest
- Manage files, directories, links, users and packages with Puppet
- Learn to manage dependencies and execute commands on remote servers
- Create your own Puppet modules using templates
- Use Puppet Server together with Puppet Nodes
Pre-requisitesPrior knowledge of system administration is required.
Who is this course intended for?
This course will appeal to system administrators and developers who are looking to manage computer server systems for configuration management.