Windows 10 Troubleshooting
This course is designed to give users an understanding and the skills to troubleshoot Windows 10.
This course is designed to give users an understanding and the skills
to troubleshoot Windows 10. In this course, students will become
familiar with the troubleshooting process and available tools including
the Task Manager, Resource Monitor, Performance Monitor, Reliability
History, Event Viewer, and Steps Recorder. Students will be able to
troubleshoot the boot process and drivers, resolve BCD and Hard Drive
boot issues, as well as driver issues. Students will troubleshoot login
and user profile issues, and resolve broken trust issues, troubleshoot
network issues, resolve DHCP and DNS issues, troubleshoot group
policies, Direct Access, and work with data loss issues.
- Use the Troubleshooting tools
- Troubleshoot the Boot Process and Drivers
- Troubleshoot the Logon Process and User Profile Issues
- Troubleshoot Networking Issues
- Troubleshoot Network Resource Access Issues
- Troubleshoot Group Policies
- Troubleshoot Direct Access
- Troubleshoot Lost Data
- Knowledge of Window 10 End User and Networking skills.
Who is this course intended for?
- Students who want to expand their knowledge of Windows 10, Windows 10 troubleshooting, and Networks.
PreviewOverview of the Boot Process (2:24)
StartResolving BCD Issues (6:02)
StartResolving a Hard Drive Related Boot Issue (6:36)
StartIdentifying Drivers and Locations (8:40)
StartTroubleshooting Mouse Drivers (6:12)
StartTroubleshooting Keyboard Drivers (7:48)
StartUnderstanding Bit Locker (11:26)